Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Connie Martin Connie Martin is offline

Default Macro??

I'm sure this can be done. Excel can do just about anything. Only wish I
could!! My spreadsheet has dates in Col. A, which are formatted as Date.
Each day when I open the file, I would like Excel to automatically (via a
macro, I presume) colour the row for today in pink, remove the colour pink
from last business day's row, and then end by selecting the date for today.
So, today it would've removed the colour from row 5, which was Friday
(weekends have been excluded from this spreadsheet), and then would've
coloured row 6 pink and then select A6. I would like this macro to run when
the spreadsheet is opened. Can this be done? Please note: there are other
coloured cells and rows in this spreadsheet that I don't want the macro to
mess with. Thank you. Connie