Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alan Moseley Alan Moseley is offline

Default Excel "Exact" Function

If I understand correctly, you have a value in A1, and you want to determine
if this same value exists anywhere from A2 to A10. If so then you need to
look at the MATCH function. For example in B2 type:-

=IF(MATCH(A1,A2:A10,0)0,"Found","Not Found")

Hope this helps.
--
Alan Moseley IT Consultancy
http://www.amitc.co.uk

If I have solved your problem, please click Yes below. Thanks.

"Bryan Gnidrah" wrote:

I have a worksheet in which I want to compare the data in one cell (A1) with
that in another cell. The cell which is to be compared against is immediately
beneath A1 but being one of several which will be filtered, may not be Cell
A2. It could be any one of cells A2 - A10 for example. Can any one help me in
creating a function?