Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
James Pranhatkiran James Pranhatkiran is offline

Default auto update function from workbook to another worksheet

Check if your vlookup function looks like this, this will serve your purpose.
=VLOOKUP(A2,[Book2.xls]Sheet1!$A:$B,2,0)

here i am writing this function from Book1.xls and referring data from
Book2.xls where the data is in Sheet1

Regards,
James

"Kanmi" wrote:

I'm working on Excel file called Safetylight.xls then i want to call up
another workbook call book1.xls to automatic update safetylight.xls on some
rows. I mean whenever BOOK1.XLS change then safetylight.xls should pull
automatic update from it. I taught of using ='C:\My
Documents\excel\[book1.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1 OR VLOOKUP formula but i'm stuck.
please can you help me and advice on what to do. Please i will appreciate
urgent respond answer. Thanks alot.