CLR

Data Filter AutoFilter...........then select your criteria from the drop
down arrows at the top of each column........to reverse the process and
return all to normal, do Data filter Autofilter again (it's a toggle)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"ernie - willcox" <ernie - wrote in
message ...
I have a rather large Excel file that has all my needed information. My
problem is I don't know what program to use to pull the information.

Number: Desc: Year: Cost:

01225 gizmo 1982 1984 25.00
01227 thing 1981 1982 10.00
01228 tape 1984 1985 3.00
02119 ring 1982 1983 5.00

Assuem I want to seperate the data in to a different file. Let's say I

want
all items that fit a 1984 car. I know I can search this in excel, but I

want
to print a report to disc in ascii format and lets say each sort it by

year.
In other words if some one want to know what I have for a 1982 I can then
from the master list send him a detailed list of the items just for that
year.

Make sense??? Anyone know what I should use to do this??

thanks for the help with my formula... Now I've got my data ready to roll
and can not use it!