ernie - willcox

Default Excel data "how so sort for use"

I have a rather large Excel file that has all my needed information. My
problem is I don't know what program to use to pull the information.

Number: Desc: Year: Cost:

01225 gizmo 1982 1984 25.00
01227 thing 1981 1982 10.00
01228 tape 1984 1985 3.00
02119 ring 1982 1983 5.00

Assuem I want to seperate the data in to a different file. Let's say I want
all items that fit a 1984 car. I know I can search this in excel, but I want
to print a report to disc in ascii format and lets say each sort it by year.
In other words if some one want to know what I have for a 1982 I can then
from the master list send him a detailed list of the items just for that
year.

Make sense??? Anyone know what I should use to do this??

thanks for the help with my formula... Now I've got my data ready to roll
and can not use it!