Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Generate a file name by date....for excel 2007

Use this in the filename string (you can remove the time)
Format(Now, "dd-mmm-yy h-mm-ss")

See how I use it here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder1/mail2.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"mlindsey54" wrote in message ...

"mlindsey54" wrote:

What I'm trying to do is to name a file by date and then access that same
file the next day and use the data that's there for current date....

An example is:
All End-totals in file 06/21/09 will be Beginning-totals in currently
opened file that will be named the current date ( 06/22/09 ) at the end of
the day...

In a perfect world I'd like for this file to be automatically named and
saved. But if this can't be done I have no problem doing this my self...