Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mujeeb ur Rehman, FBL-GRW-PK Mujeeb ur Rehman, FBL-GRW-PK is offline

Default Row height/column width

Hi,

I have made the row A1 cell height & width by 72-12 ratio respectivily, but
the results r not correct. I have also made a square of 1" and put the same
on A1, but the square is bigger than A1. You can also do the practicle and
suggest the exact match.

Thanks

Mujeeb

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Height is measured in points (72 points to the inch)
Width is measured in points (12 points to the inch)

--
Gary's Student

"Connie Martin" wrote:

How can I equate the size of row and column with inches? If I want a column
to be 1" wide and the row 1/2" high, how do I do it? I have a work-around,
but it is tedious. I've discovered that 36 is the height for 1/2" and 13 is
the width for 1". But that is by creating a box by that size and sizing the
column and row to fit it. That's the only way I know to get the size of
column and row I want, but surely there is a simpler way of doing this!
Connie