Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Keith Faulconer Keith Faulconer is offline

Default lookup same or similar

I am not sure of a function that could do what you are asking. What I would
do is ensure that the entries are the same by havinf the users select the
vendors from a drop down menu. You can list the vendors in a list, then
have the Vendor name be selected from that list.

"NeedToKnow" wrote in message
Hi all, I have tried to search old messages without luck.

I have 2 files which has column A = Vendor name, col B = order value EUR,
C-f = other data. I need to find vendor from older file ti new file and
get
order value there. It doesn't matter if column G = vendor name from old
file
and col H order value from old file.

This would be easy with vlookup IF all names were written correctly. Many
people make these and misspelling happens. I have figured something like
this, tell if tjere is easier way.

= IF (vlookup to find excatly same name (lookup to get value) ond if
excatly
the same vendor cannot be found, there would be nearest suggestion and
that
vendors value ) if not anything even close can be found, excel would
informs
something like "check" or like that.

Is it possible to have checking if some vendor is not at all in new file?

That's all this time =) I think. You have been a huge help in past,
hopefully also this case can be solved. I have Excel 2003 in use.