Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mark C[_2_] Mark C[_2_] is offline

Default General ledger spreadsheet continued

My specific problem is when my spreadsheet contains calculated values for
example: PAID =F5+I5+L5+O5+R5+U5+X5, where PAID is the title of a column and
all of the individual cell references represent PAID values; and RECEIVED
=G5+J5+M5+P5+S5+V5+Y5 is the title of a column and all of the individual cell
references represent RECEIVED values. My next column is BALANCE and the
equation for BALANCE looks like this, =IF(AND(AA5="",AB5=""),"",AC4-AA5+AB5)
where cell "AA5" contains the computed value of all monies received PAID and
cell "AB5" contains the computed value of all monies RECEIVED and cell "AC4"
represent the previous BALANCE. When I copy the formulas down in the
spreadsheet I get repeating values in the cells of the same column called
balance. Example: AC4=70, AA5=50, AB5=20. The new BALANCE; AC5=40 is also
occurring in AC6, AC7, AC8... Is there a solution to this problem?
--
Mark Christjansen