Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Excel 2007 texture fill of chart data series columns

Hi,

To do individual columns you would first need to select a individual column.
Click a column once to select the column series. Then click the column again
to select the individual column.

Now when you use the addin only the single column should have the pattern
chosen.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"john9210" wrote in message

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

The UI for that feature was removed in xl2007 but this addin provides a
method of doing pattern fills.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/patternfills.htm

And this is how you install add-ins.
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip010.htm
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/200...in-excel-2007/

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Leland" wrote in message
I need a way to use fill type to distinguish columns in a column chart
for
black and white publication. Ideally, this would be the traditional
horizontal, vertical or diagonal stripes or dots or checks. The only
fill
options I seem to get in 2007 Excel are shading, colors, or "textures",
none
of which really fulfill my needs. Is there any way to access the
traditional
stripes or dots from previous versions of Excel?

Andy,
I loaded the add-in ok, but I can't figure out how to apply fill to
individual columns. I'm using black and white, not color and I need the
fill
to distinguish the columns.

Thank,

John9210