David F

Many thanks. It did work.
Interestingly, I did try first =IF(..., but because it depends on another
cell where I had an 'IF(...' (w/o the '=') it gave me an #VALUE! which I did
not trace so I gave up on the '=IF(...' too early...
FYI, I did not need to reenter the entire statement. It is enough if I just
add the '='.

Thsnks again,
David

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 May 2005 12:09:05 -0700, "David F"
wrote:

You did not read what I wrote entirely. I did try with AND w/o the '='

char.
And I did use the default format which is "General".
As I wrote, the problem is more fundamental.

Anyway, thanks and if you have another idea you are welcome...

David

Assuming that is the only cell in which this is happening, the problem is

that
Excel thinks your "formula" is a text string.

In the formula you posted, which has NO initial "=" but has an extraneous

"="
sign in the middle of it, this is the expected result.

Try, in this order, doing the following:

1. Delete the contents of the cell.
2. Format/Cell/Number General
3. Reenter the formula: =IF(C380,ROUND(H38/C38,1),0)

Note the position of the one and only "=" sign.

--ron