Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Count1314 Count1314 is offline

Default Multiple criteria on sumif/countif formula

Hi Mike

Sorry my problem maybe wasn't clearly explained.
Say I have one type of sale labelled as Sale Type A in A3 and then a sales
amount for every day from B3 onwards and across the top I have the days of
the week for the whole year across the top (forgot to say that I have the
date above this), then I wanted to sum the sales for the year to date for
each day. The reason I put the '1' in below the day is to only include (say)
Wednesdays that have already passed and have sales data.

It is probably more simple that I made it sound...thanks!

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

From your description I'm struggling to visualise your table layout but I
think you want to sum a table based upon product in column A and Day in Row
1. Try this

=SUMPRODUCT((A3:A13=A17)*(B1:H1=A18)*(B3:H13))

Where A17 is the product and A18 is the day.

Mike

"Count1314" wrote:

Help! This IS something that I was able to do some time ago, but it has been
a long time!
I have sales for each day in ten different categories (listed 1 to 10 down
the left side....A3 - A13) and accross the top I have the name of the day in
B1 onwards and a blank cell in B2 onward (both horizontally).
When the sales are input for a specific day, I will change the blank sell to
a '1' (I thought this would help distinguish between days that are already
typed in row 1 for later in the year that have no data).
I need to say 'simply'....IF B1:NB1 = "Wednesday" AND (I thought) IF B2:NB2
= 1......THEN SUM B3:NB3 etc.
I would also like to do a count based on the two criteria so that I can then
do an average sales for this day using only the days that actually have data.
I am sure this is quite simple for some of you guys out there but I hope
someone can take the time to help such a beginner!! Thanks.