Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Defiantclass Defiantclass is offline

Default Copying conditional formatting to an entire column in Excel 2007

I entered two conditional formats into cell A1. I want the formats to apply
to every cell in column A. I selected cell A1, clicked on format painter, and
clicked on the column A header. This applied both formats to every cell in
the column. A few of the cells need to be exempt from rule number 1 but when
I select ,for example, cell A10 and go to manage rules, The box labeled
€śapplies to€ť is =$A:$A. If I attempt to delete rule 1 from cell A10, it
deletes the rule from every cell in column A. How can I copy the formatting
from cell A1 to the entire column so that I can make changes to individual
cell as needed? I am using Excel 2007.