Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dolpandotcom via OfficeKB.com dolpandotcom via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default General Excel question

Hi Gord,

Thanks for the link. I did download of the first link which enables multiple
data item selection into one cell. I copied the code into the VB editor in my
own worksheet. I lunched the MACRO in my vb editor layout, but i did not work
as it was with the downloaded sheet.

Pls see below the codes if I need to change any instruction :

Option Explicit

Dim rngDV As Range
Dim oldVal As String
Dim newVal As String
If Target.Count 1 Then GoTo exitHandler

On Error Resume Next
Set rngDV = Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeAllValidation)
On Error GoTo exitHandler

If rngDV Is Nothing Then GoTo exitHandler

If Intersect(Target, rngDV) Is Nothing Then
'do nothing
Else
Application.EnableEvents = False
newVal = Target.Value
Application.Undo
oldVal = Target.Value
Target.Value = newVal
If Target.Column = 3 Then
If oldVal = "" Then
'do nothing
Else
If newVal = "" Then
'do nothing
Else
Target.Value = oldVal _
& ", " & newVal

exitHandler:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Any other person can equally assist in this direction.
Thanks.
Dolpan
Gord Dibben wrote:
Question 1.

Download a sample workbook from Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0017

Question 2.

See Ron de Bruin's site

http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm