Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
potter potter is offline

Default Using multiple IF function

I'm a learner too...couldn't you just have one column wiht the rating for
each result? eg just use the 1,2,3 points....you'll know if you see 1 that
the survey response was less than 2 years.
--
potter

"Excel Learner" wrote:

I am trying to create a survey result sheet in which there are 2 cells
Cell 1 : Input - Any number as described below
Cell 2 : Output : Gives out value of 1,2 or 3 in accordance with input.
Less than 2 years old : 1 pt
2yrs 1 month to 5 years : 2 pts
Greater than 5 years 1 month : 3 pts

The above 3 are the conditions.
P.S. : This is for one cell only,not multiple cells
Eg : If I enter 3 in inout cell it must say 2 in output cell.
Plz help!!!!
I dont know how to write Macro programs so any help in solving this for me
would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you..