Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Mike is offline

Default Pivot Table Chart?

Same thing happened to me with column widths. I was told that when the Pivot
Table was first created to select "All" from every drop down you have and
then do your formatting/chart selection. It didn't work for me but I've
heard of it working for other people so thought maybe you could give it a
try. It will take completely deleting all of your charts and the pivot table
for it to work though. Let me know if you are one of the lucky ones for whom
this works.

"Ken" wrote:

Excel2003 ... I created a Pivot Table Area Chart with 2 Data Series ... I
wish to change 1 of the Data Series to a Column Bar Chart.

Issue ... each time I re-run the Pivot Chart ... it reverts back to the old
Style where both Data Series are an Area Chart.

Above said ... I selected 1 of the Data Series & changed Chart Type to
COLUMN ... Looked fine until I made another selection ... then Chart
re-verted back.

Now looking for guidance from this board ... Thanks ... Kha