Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Excel 2007 General Question

Hi Tondos

First why do you not convert one machine first to test it ?????

You can run your 2003 files in 2007 without any problems for 99.99%
There are no toolbars anymore in 2007 but if it is correct you can find the buttons in the Add-in tab.

Maybe you like this option to add a custom menu in the QAT for the macros in your personal file
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm

In Excel 2007 your personal file is named personal.xlsb and not xls
but if you copy the xls in the XLstart folder it will open this file and you can use the code.

But I suggest to do a SaveAs as personal.xlsb
Open the personal.xls
Unhide the file
SaveAs as xlsb
Hide
Save

You can convert all your 97-2003 files if you want like this
See the last section on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007filesin2003.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Tondos" wrote in message ...
My company is converting to Excel 2007 from 2003 tomorrow. There has been no
planning, discussion, or thought given to this process. I am a Financial
Analyst that lives in Excel all day every day. I have thousands of files
with Financial Statements, models, scenarios, etc. and I have dozens of
macros created to run some automated processes.

My questions a Can anyone give me some general guidance on what I should
do first in 2007? Do I need to open and save as '2007' all of my existing
files? Will my 2003 macros in my 'Personal' macro book still work? I know
this seems silly, but I'm a nervous wreck, as I just don't have the time to
learn how to do every little thing (I have many custom toolbars with dozens
of custom buttons created to faciliate my work, can I still do this?)

Thanks
Tondos