Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Consolidate multiple workbooks (...and adding new files in the master workbook on the fly)

Try this add-in
http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm

Or use the code examples from my site
See bottom of the page

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"sokratez" wrote in message ...
Hi There,

I am looking for a solution that can combine multiple work books in to
one workbook and adding additional files in the master workbook on the
fly.

We are a marketing team that are working with a budget file per
product. The number of products are increasing throughout the year,
Therefore I would like the master file to gather all the data from a
specified file and I would like the file to look in to the folder to
see if new files have been added and if so add the data to the master
file,

The data is always placed in the same way in the document.
FILENAME.xlsx -- Budgets -- A20:E35. I would also like to have the
file name as well to identify the data in the master sheet.

My excel wizard colleague tells me that this isn't possible in excel,
but it must be with some kind of VBA solution? I know some very basic
VBA but I would never be good enough to write the code snippet my
self.

Any words of advice? Solutions?

/S