Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tel Tel is offline

Default Value of one cell unlocks another

Hi Jim,

Many thanks for your prompt reply. However I already have Data Validation
in there (=$G$4:$G$6) where would your formula be entered in this string.

Also, how does this unlock the cell?

Sorry for being a complete "numpty" but I'm not sure I understand it?

Thanks

Terry

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

You can use data validation.

In Cell D5
Data - Validation - Custom
=D3="Yes"
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Tel" wrote:

Hi Guys,

I am creating a spreadsheet which is, essentially, a questionnaire.

I have a cell (D3) with a pick list in it (Yes/No and a blank to avoid false
entries). If the user selects "Yes" in this cell I need this to trigger
unlocking another cell (D5).

I need to be able to repeat this several times over throughout the
spreadsheet and the workbook (i.e. "Yes" in cell D7 will unlock D9 and the
same for D11 and D13 and so on).

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

I have alot more functionality I wish to add but I'll come back to that
later.

Thanks All

Tel