Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
bowfin bowfin is offline

Default Excel 2007 How to change width of stacked columns

Many thanks. That took me to the right area. The eventual solution, under
Axis Optios seems to be to use "Automatically select based on data" and "Base
Unit-Fixed-months"
Thanks again
bowfin

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

Unexpected skinny columns is normally a sign that the x axis is using dates
and that you only have values for sporadic dates.
If so you can change the axis to be category rather than time series.

xl2003: Right click Chart Options Axes X axis Category
xl2007: Select X axis Right click Format axis Axis Options Text

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"bowfin" wrote in message
When I create a stacked column chart, the columns appear as thin coloured
lines. How do I make them into normal size coloured vertical bars, please