Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Complicated question adding extra horizontal lines

Hi,

Don't know quite how your data is laid out but

You could enter a formula like =AVERAGE(A$2:A$7) and copy it down for all of
one group, then create a similar formula for a second group say,
=AVERAGE(B$2:B$7)which averages its values.
Plot these extra ranges on you chart. Each range will be a straight line.

If we know the data layout we might suggest using AVERAGEIF in 2007 or an
array formula in 2003.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Meenie" wrote:

Excel 2003
I have a standard clustered column chart and it shows numbers (in time)
gathered for several different groups each month (so group A has bars for Jan
- June [eventually - Dec] then group B, etc)
I have put a horozontal line across denoting the target number for all of
them (same each month so it's one line across)
I would like to add another horozontal line for EACH group showing it's YTD
average. So t his line wouldn't go across the entire chart, only across the
section for that particular group, but I don't know how to do that. I figured
it would be something to do with where the line starts and stops on the x
axis?? How can I do that? Or is it do-able?
thanks, Meenie