Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 12 May 2005 10:36:09 -0700, "raystub"
wrote:

I am using an INDEX/MATCH formula and do get a "VALUE NOT AVAILABLE"
response. Both ranges have a "General" format. A [Copy][Paste
Special][Formats] does not make the formats match. How can I make them
respond to each other?

If you post your formula, and some samples of the data, I'm sure someone will
be able to help. Also post the desired result from that sample data.

The "VALUE NOT AVAILABLE" result is not a standard feature of the built-in
INDEX or MATCH worksheet functions.

And cell format has nothing at all to do with how those functions work.

--ron