Vicky

Default Vlookup student grades

Hi,
Thanks in advance for your time. I am trying to resolve a problem I am
having with vlookups. I understand the concept pretty well so I am not sure
what I am doing wrong. I have a list of grades for students A, A-, B+, B-,
etc. and I have a list of corresponding number grades in column 2. I named
the table "Grades". The row pairs are; A=100, A-=95, B+=90, B=85, B-=80.

For some reason my B+ students are all getting 80. I wondered if vlookup
was case-sensitive or if it didnt recognize + and - signs but even if it
didnt, the B+ student should have an 85.

Any thoughts,
Thanks