Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default make filter permanent

Hi,

Highlight the filtered data and copy it to a new workbook. Send that
workbook to the client.

Althought you can protect the sheet which disables the autofilter, and you
can even add a password to the protection, this is really not a guarantee
against them getting at the data.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Paul Kraemer" wrote:

Hi,

I am using Excel 2007. I have created a filter so that I am only displaying
rows that contain a particular value in a certain column. Now I want to pass
this filtered data on to a client of mine, but I do not want my client to be
able to remove the filter. Is there any way that I can make the filter
permanent? In other words, what is the easiest way for me to permanently get
rid of the data that does not meet the criteria of my filter?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

--
Paul Kraemer