Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Justin Case Justin Case is offline

Default How can I pull Cell value from Detail worksheet into Summarysheet?

Hi John,

Can you clarify this...

"The Product name resides on the Summary sheet in the first Cell in
the
line-item row I am working with, but it is in a HyperLink. "

If the sheet names correspond directly a cell entry (i.e. the
hyperlink says "Cogs" and the sheet is named exactly the same) you can
use the INDIRECT function to get information from the detail sheets.
The formula would look something like this:

=INDIRECT(A3&"!A4")

If A3 contains the hyperlink COGS then the formula will return the
contents of cell A4 on the corresponding Detail sheet.

Hope I've interpreted the above sentence correctly....