Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Embedding the value of a cell in a formula

Yes, with the INDIRECT function. Let's say your year cell is B2. Formula then
becomes
=INDIRECT("C:/.../Ad Sales " & B2 & "!A1")

Note that you can join text and cells references together using the
ampersand. The spaces are not necessary, I just put them in there for clarity.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Len" wrote:

I would like to have the contents of a cell be part of a formula. For example:

In one cell I have the year: 2009

In the other a formula references another workbook: =C:/.../Ad Sales 2009!A1

I would like to be able to change the first cell to year 2010 and have the
formula automatically change with it to =C:/.../Ad Sales 2010!A1

Is this possible?