Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sheeloo Sheeloo is offline

Default General Excel question

If you want to count males and females with 50 marks then use
=COUNTIF(B1:B20,"50")
Change 50 to appropriate %.

If you want males only use
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A20=1),--(B1:B2050))
"dolpandotcom" wrote:

I have two columns in an excel sheet. One column shows 1 representing male
and 2 represnting female. In the second column I have marks scored by males
and females in a class. In all, I have 20 rows used to store the data for
males and females. The storage is not in any particular order.

Can you please let me know how i can either use the if condition or the
ifcount function to count the number males and females that scored a specific
mark, say 50% in the class?

Thanks.
Dolpandotcom
06/16/09