Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ed Davis Ed Davis is offline

Default Clear Shaded Cells

This is what I get when I record the macro:
I tried to use xlAutomatic Did not work
I tried to use 3 did not work
Then I tried to use 0.599993896298105 and that did not work either.
I even tried to use the 0 and that did not work either.

Range("B17").Select
With Selection.Interior
.Pattern = xlSolid
.PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic
.ThemeColor = xlThemeColorAccent3
.TintAndShade = 0.599993896298105
.PatternTintAndShade = 0
End With

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim myCell As Range
Dim myRng As Range

Set myRng = Selection 'ActiveSheet.usedrange

For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
If myCell.Interior.ColorIndex = 3 Then
myCell.ClearContents
End If
Next myCell

End Sub

Record a macro when you change the colorindex of a cell. Then use that in
place
of the 3.

Select the range you want before you run the code. Or use the UsedRange
if you
want.

Ed Davis wrote:

Thank you for the quick response.
I was looking to only clear the data not the shade as the shaded areas
show
the user where the data goes.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Or just get the entire range at once:

ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone

or even do all the cells:
activesheet.cells.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone

Bernard Liengme wrote:

Sub tryme()
For Each mycell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
mycell.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
Next mycell
End Sub

If you are new to VBA:
David McRitchie's site on "getting started" with VBA

Debra Dalgleish's "Adding Code to a Workbook"

http://www.contextures.com:80/xlvba01.html

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ed Davis" wrote in message
Is there a way to clear all shaded cells in a worksheet using a
macro?

I have received a lot of help from this news group.
Thank you very much.

--

Dave Peterson

--