Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Clear Shaded Cells

For Each mycell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
If mycell.Interior.ColorIndex < xlNone Then
mycell.ClearContents
End If
Next mycell

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 08:24:43 -0400, "Ed Davis"
wrote:

Thank you for the quick response.
I was looking to only clear the data not the shade as the shaded areas show
the user where the data goes.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Or just get the entire range at once:

ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone

or even do all the cells:
activesheet.cells.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone

Bernard Liengme wrote:

Sub tryme()
For Each mycell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
mycell.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
Next mycell
End Sub

If you are new to VBA:
David McRitchie's site on "getting started" with VBA

Debra Dalgleish's "Adding Code to a Workbook"

http://www.contextures.com:80/xlvba01.html

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ed Davis" wrote in message
Is there a way to clear all shaded cells in a worksheet using a macro?

I have received a lot of help from this news group.
Thank you very much.

--

Dave Peterson