Gary Brown

Use the Indirect function
HTH,
--
Gary Brown

"rob1234" wrote:

I have a large set of data that I perform many different types of analysis
on. I use sequence of IF functions in array formulas to look at specific
subsets of the data; eg. a typical formula
{=median(if(a2:a4400=1,if(c2:c4400="er",k2:k4400)) )}
I perform analysis on different subsets of the data, which mean that I have
to go back and change the IF functions for each and every calculation, which
is a pain because I have well over 100 different calculations. Is there any
way that I could set things up so that the IF function arguments are defined
in a separate section of my database, so that when I changed those cells, all
the IF functions in the calculations would change automatically, eg. in my
example, if instead of looking at IF(a2:a4400=1) I wanted to look at
IF(ef2:ef4400="surv")??
Thanks