Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Hyperlink function not going anywhere

You need to take one step backwards.
First make sure the argument to the =HYPERLINK() function is a good reference.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200856

"rel" wrote:

I am using Excel 2007, but sharing document with 2003 users.

I have a master list of ingredients on SHEET1. I have inserted hyperlinks to
MSDS files located on our server. Those links work fine.
On SHEET2 I have a Product's Ingredient list. I am using a combonation of
"hyperlink", "index", & "match" to have the formula sheet lookup the
hyperlink for the MSDS on the master ingredient sheet.

Here are the Defined Names;
A1:N1 "Categories", A1:A203 "SKU", A1:N203 "DocLook"

The Formula;
=hyperlink(index(DocLook,match($n$1,Categories,0), match($a2,SKU,0))"MSDS")

BUT the resulting Hyperlink value goes nowhere :( Please help!!!!