Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Formulas refuse to update

Shane,

I admit I had not heard/seen this before. What exactly is a macro sheet
and/or what is it's purpose? Hoping you have a nice explaination, or a handy
link.

Thanks!
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

1. The sheet could be a Macro sheet not a spreadsheet. This happens when
one uses the shortcut key Ctrl+F11 not Shift+F11 to add a sheet.
2. If the cell is preformatted as Text. Press Ctrl+Shift+! to convert the
cell to Number and then reenter the formula.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"spartina_patens" wrote:

I am using Excel 2003. I type in a simple formula and all I get is the text
(i.e. =sum(D2:D43)) that I typed in, not the value. I have tried using F9
and Tools - Options - Calculate (it is set to Automatic). I have tried
copying the data to a blank worksheet. Nothing works.

The data was originally downloaded into an XML format, which I then saved as
.xls. This has happened every time I use data in this format.

Anyone else found a way to fix this?