Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Kline[_2_] Don Kline[_2_] is offline

Default Goal Seek returning different results

I am using Goal Seek to determine an interest rate for an investment stream
that returns a zero. The investment is irrgular in amount but the period is
annual for each transaction.

My problem is I am getting different answers depending on the source of the
numbers.

BUT the imported investment stream is the same regardless of the source. If
I run it from one source Goal Seek returns 3.1362%. If I flip to the "other"
source, Goal Seek returns 3.2072%

I am stymied as to why there are different results depending on identical
sources.

Below is the investment stream

8,616.77
8,616.77