Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MurrayBarn MurrayBarn is offline

Default Loan amortization schedule for variable interest rates

Shaun

The easiest way I have found to do this is to create columns for:
Capital Balance:- Opening balance less capital payments
Months (or years):- running from 1-156
Interest Payment:- use the formula IPMT
Capital Payment:- use the formula PPMT
Interest rate:- use your interest rate below and change it when needed. (PS
divide the annual rate of interest by the nu8mber of periods you are using
per annum.
You can also use PMT is calculate your monthly repayment which is also IPMT
and PPMT added together

If you get stuck email it to me on and I will fix it for
you.

Cheers
Murray
"Shaun" wrote:

I am using a Amortization Schedule template from Microsoft Office online.
While this template is helpful for cases of fixed rate of interest over the
period, I was looking for a template which would allow for variable rates of
interest.
My current loan amount is 2500000.
Annual Interest Rate for first 12 months is 8% and for the rest period would
be 10%. Loan period 13 years, Number of payments per year 12.
Please help me out here.