Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Amy Amy is offline

Default Insert last saved date into header

I am using Excel 2003. I created a Macro with the following custom function:

Function Last_Saved_Date()
Last_Saved_Date = Application.Caller.Parent.Parent. _
BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Save Time").Value
End Function

Then in a cell in the worksheet, I have it as "=Last_Saved_Date()" and I
make sure to format the cell in a date format.

Doing this, I am able to see the last saved date inside the worksheet.

My questions are the following:

1. How do I have the header print at the top of each page, the last saved
date of the file? May I use the contents of my Last Saved Date cell?
2. Is there a more efficient way to do this in the header without using this
macro?

Thank you for your help,
Amy