Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Kraemer Paul Kraemer is offline

Default Sorting with empty cells

Hi,
I am using Excel 2007. I have a worksheet one which one of my columns
contains mostly numerical data, but I have this column formatted as Text.
The data in this column is basically a series of integers, but for certain
integers I have a second row for which I have appended an asterisk (*) to the
end of the integer value. For example, my data might look like this:

1001
1002
1002*
1003

I would like to be able to sort my data as I've shown above, but I can't
figure out how to do this. Anytime I try to sort on this column (sorting by
values from smallest to largest), I get the following order:

1001
1002
1003
1002*

If anyone can tell me how I can sort and get the order that I want, I would
really appreciate it. Thanks in advance,

Paul
--
Paul Kraemer