Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default header

Hi,

Excel doesn't allow you to link a cell address to the header or footer (you
could in Lotus 1-2-3 version 1)?

1. One alternative is to choose File, Page Setup, Sheets tab and define a
row(s) as header row(s).
2. Second alternative is to use a macro of the following type

The following code puts the contents of cell A1 of Sheet1 into the left
heade

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftHeader = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1")
End Sub

1. To add this code to your file, press Alt+F11,
2. In the VBAProject window, top left side, find thisWorkbook under your
file name and double click it.
3. Paste in or type the code above.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Hoov" wrote:

How do you make a header out of your data from Cell #1? I tried to copy and
paste, but the formatting was way off, and the actual cells didn't appear.
Please help me with this if you know how. Thanks so much.