Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Neil Neil is offline

Default How can I set the default recalculate option to automatic?

Hello Gord
Sounds interesting workaround - but not sure I understand about
"personal.xlsb" or "any hidden workbook in XLSTART folder".
Please could you explain how I do both of these?

Thanks

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Excel uses the calculation mode of the first workbook opened.

Doesn't matter if subsequent workbooks were save in auto mode if the first
one is in manual mode.

Workaround is to have your Personal.xlsb saved in auto mode which will set
the mode for subsequent opened workbooks.

Or just any hidden workbook in XLSTART folder will do.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 09:13:01 -0700, Neil
wrote:

Thanks Jacob.
But that only sets it for that Workbook.
I want to be able to set automatic calculation as the default option for all
workbooks at once.

Neil

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

In 2007, click the Office Button, then Excel Options and Formulas.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Neil" wrote:

Jacob
I am using Office/Excel 2007 - no 'Tools' option on the ribbon menu there.
That is the problem - nowhere to set universal defaul options.
Neil

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

This is an application setting. ToolsOptionsCalculation..

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Neil" wrote:

ans there any way that I cna set a default option so that "automatic
recalculate" becomes the default for all worksheets, old and new?
It seems silly that you have to open a worksheet saved with the automatic
recalculation option in it for other worksheets to be that way. There is no
way i can remember how I saved each and every spreadsheet I have used over
the last 10 years!!