Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Susan Schmid Susan Schmid is offline

Default Using Cell Contents to Select Worksheet with Same Name as Cell

Hi Simon,
I am the former co-worker of Al with the question. I reviewed your answers.
The 1st answer that is not using VBA maybe be misunderstood. I want to use
the contents of a cell i.e, 200904 to be used to find the worksheet name
200904 to be selected. Then, copy this '200904' sheet and rename this copied
worksheet using another cell's contents, i.e., 200905.
Thanks,
Susan

"Simon Lloyd" wrote:

Alan Sexter;379826 Wrote:
I am a quantitative analyst who is the leader of our department's Excel
users
group (Multi-Channel Marketing department of Eastbay, Inc. in Wausau,
Wisconsin). I have a friend who is a former co-worker in my department,
but
is now a senior credit analyst with a company in Chicago.

If possible, this credit analyst would like to have Excel take the
contents
of a cell in the workbook, and use it to select a worksheet (in that
same
workbook) that has the same name as the contents or value of that cell.
This
seems to be a "twist" on the topic of automated worksheet names that
has
generated several postings. Any help will be greatly appreciated by
both of
us. Thanks for any help that can be provided!If it is going to be a static name then it can be a hyperlink, otherwise

it would have to be done with VBA........which would you prefer?

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd