Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Grove[_2_] Harlan Grove[_2_] is offline

Default Protect selected settings in 'options'

John wrote...
In a particular workbook I have selected certain settings (tools, options,
view), namely not showing the sheet tabs, horizontal scroll bar, formula bar.
For this workbook is there a way I can protect these settings from others
changing them?

No.

At least not loading the workbook in an interactive Excel session. You
could use an application written in any language supported by Visual
Studio (VS) to run an Excel session as an Automation server, then open
your workbook in that Excel Automation session. Your VS application
would need to disable all UI components you don't want to provide your
users.

You could approximate this with Excel itself, using an Open event
handler to disable all unwanted UI components, but your users could
open your workbook with macros disabled.