Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Absolute reference in excel tables

Hi,

I presume you are in Excel 2007 so your formulas are something like

=Table4[[#This Row],[Regions]]*3

If you want to use absolute cell references in this case change your
formulas by typing the cell addresses

=$C$4*3

If would help us if you showed us the formulas you are currently using.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"ANIL ERDINC TUFEKCI" wrote:

thank you for your help,
but i wonder if i can use $ sign? I want to copy the formula to more cells
by just draging with my mouse. I can do my job by copy and paste but in this
way i have to click on each cell that i want to copy the formula. how cannot
it be possible to use $ sign in reference to table columns like
"table1[column1]". I cannot understand this. did Microsoft missed that
special sign $ for absolute references...

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Copy the formula from the formula bar(Right click).
OR
Copy from cell in Edit mode (F2)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"ANIL ERDINC TUFEKCI" wrote:

Hi,

I have a problem in copy formulas including refence to excel table columns.
In a normal formula I can use $ sign for ablosute reference, but in tables ı
can not use 4 sign. So when i want to copy formulas with absolute reference
of table column it chages to other columns.

How can i solve this problem?

thanks...