Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Husker87 Husker87 is offline

Default How can I use a formula to return the first number in a range?

THANKS. That worked. Have a great day.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Non-array suggestions:

=INDEX(A1:A10,MATCH(TRUE,INDEX(A1:A10<0,0),0))

=INDEX(A1:A10,MATCH(TRUE,INDEX(A1:A100,0),0))

Depending on what you're looking for.
--
HTH,

RD

"Husker87" wrote in message
I have a range A1:A10. Im looking for a formula to put in B1 that will
return the first number in my range A1:A10 when searching from top to

bottom.
Sometime the first number appears in A1 and sometimes not until A4 with
other numbers in A7 and A8. I only want A4 or the first number.

Thoughts??