N Harkawat

Easiest solution I guess would be to get the 3 largest values in a sepaprate
area in worksheet and do conditional formatting by referenceing to it
say you insert these 3 largest values in Z1,z2 and z3 (assuming that your
data is in a1:a1000)

For largest on cell Z1 type
=Max(a1:a1000)

On Z2 (2nd largest )
=max(if(a1:a1000<z1,a1:a1000))
array entered (ctrl+shift+enter)

On Z3 (for 3rd largest)
=max(if(a1:a1000<z2,a1:a1000))
array entered (ctrl+shift+enter)

"John" wrote in message
Duplicate numbers should all have the same format, ie all the highest #'s
are
red, the second highest #'s are all blue, etc...

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Wed, 11 May 2005 20:53:02 -0700, "John"

wrote:

I'd like to highlight the 3 highest numbers in a column - a different
color
for each high number. I figured I'd use conditional formatting and
LARGE, but
there are duplicate numbers, which should all be highlighted.

Also is there a limit on the length of a formula?

Thanks!!!!

What do you want to happen in the event of duplicate numbers?

--ron