Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default How to convert minutes to seconds

Hi Jane

-- If 2 hours 30 minutes is recorded as 2.3 to convert in into seconds use
the formula =INT(A1)*60+MOD(A1,1)*100

-- If 2 hours 30 minutes is recorded as 2.5 to find an average just use the
AVERAGE() function.

PS: It is always easy to handle time if the data is in excel time format..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jane D" wrote:

Hi,

I'm still new to formula's however seem to be finding my way around the
basics so please not too much jargon if you know the answer to my question -
thank you.

I have a time that is documented in minutes and seconds ie 2.40 however I
believe I will need to convert these to seconds, to enable me to obtain an
average - is this correct or can anyone help me.

COL A COL B COL C COL D COL E
Average 2.40 2.14 2.32 2.52

Thanks