Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Negative Numbers

I think if you re-read Gord's post, you'll see that he stipulated selecting
the *negative* numbers.

With the procedure he described, you can pick and choose between and among
the ranges to select *only* the negative numbers before performing the
multiplication.

RD

"James Silverton" wrote in message
Gord wrote on Sat, 13 Jun 2009 06:17:59 -0700:

Copy that cell.

Select the range of negative numbers and EditPaste
SpecialMultiplyOKEsc.

No need for helper column.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 02:14:01 -0700, PL
wrote:

How do I change all the numbers in a row into positive ones
without doing so individually?

I'll admit that the question is a bit ambiguous but the useful variant
ot Paste Special will work only if *all* the numbers in the row are
negative.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland