Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Mixed cell reference

I can't visualize your project.
If desired, send your file to my address below along with this msg and
a clear explanation of what you want and before/after examples.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Bill" wrote in message
Would like to name a specific column BUT allow the row to change.

Example: columns named "MP1" and "MP2" with intervening columns; rows 1
to 3

MP1 ... MP2 ANSWER Formula

1 21 22 23 SUM(MP1 1:MP2 1)
2 5 6 7 SUM(MP1 2:MP2 2)
3 0 2 9 SUM(MP1 3:MP2 3)

The SUM formulas above are not valiid, but I hope the reader can suggest
formulas that are valid.

Reason: Next year the locations of MP1 and MP2 might change but the rows
will not and I would like to simply delete the current names MP1 and MP2
and
name some new columns MP1 and MP2 without changing the formulas.
--
Bill