Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default The real Horizontal Formula question

Oops..

=SUM(A1:A30)*7

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

In B1 enter formula the below formula and drag/copy it down as required.
=A1*7

If you want to get the sum of all numbers in A1:A30 multiplied by 7 the
formula is

=SUMPRODUCT(A1:A30)*7

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Melissa in Salem" wrote:

Hi again,

OK, here is another try, same thing. We know in adding numbers in a
vertical fashion, the formula covers a range of cells (=SUM(A1:A30)
-- that's a vertical stack of numbers.

A horizontal example: I want to multiply whatever the number is
in cell A1 by 7 and have it show up in B1 (B1 = A1 x 7). And I want
it
set up so that, like, in A1thru A30, the Col A number gets
multiplied by 7 and that figure shows up next to it in column B. So
it's multiplying across.

B1 = A1 x 7.
B2 = A2 x 7 etc.

Is there a formula for that and where does it go? It seems to me I
would have to enter the formula each time. Am I right or wrong?