Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alan Sexter Alan Sexter is offline

Default Using Cell Contents to Select Worksheet with Same Name as Cell Con

I am a quantitative analyst who is the leader of our department's Excel users
group (Multi-Channel Marketing department of Eastbay, Inc. in Wausau,
Wisconsin). I have a friend who is a former co-worker in my department, but
is now a senior credit analyst with a company in Chicago.

If possible, this credit analyst would like to have Excel take the contents
of a cell in the workbook, and use it to select a worksheet (in that same
workbook) that has the same name as the contents or value of that cell. This
seems to be a "twist" on the topic of automated worksheet names that has
generated several postings. Any help will be greatly appreciated by both of
us. Thanks for any help that can be provided!