Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin89 Kevin89 is offline

Default Copy a master workbook (Excel 2003)?

I have a question that probably seems pretty basic to most, but here goes...I
have a workbook containing multiple sheets that gets updated many times
throughout the day by just three people. I don't want anyone other than
those three people to be able to make any changes or accidentally delete
something. I know I could unprotect and then protect the workbook each time
a change is needed, but I'm worried that that one time, someone will forget.
Is there a way to create an identical copy of the original that would get
it's info and updates directly from the original? The copy could then be
read-only and the master could remain unprotected and easier to use.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Kevin