Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
gplant gplant is offline

Default hit enter in any column and go to next row in first column

I am hoping for some simple VBA code that will achieve this. My example is
over simplified, and I am hoping to adapt some VBA code for the sheet to meet
my needs.

Glenn

"Bob Umlas" wrote:

Easiest might be with defined names. While in cell D3, for example, define a
name to refer to $A4 (note the "$") -- if you were in cell F9, then the name
should reference $A10. Give it a simple name, like "a". Then instead of
pressing enter, press F5/a and you'll be where you want to be. That is, F5
(goto), type a, and you'll be in the next row in column A.
HTH

"gplant" wrote in message
I want a macro so that when I hit {enter} the curser goes to the next row
in
the first column.

I am not interested in doing this for the hole workbook, just one sheet.

I know about "tab tab tab enter", but sometimes I use arrows to move
between
columns.

I fill in columns from B to AZ, but sometimes not all of them. I need to
be
able to hit enter in column D or column Z or any column and have the
curser
go to column A in the next row.

Protecting cells will not work ({enter} only goes to the next unprotected
cell in the same column).

Thank You!